First, the important stats
- Weeberzon: overdue by 4 days
- IM Muskoka: 22 weeks to go
I like forecasting.
It’s fun to prognosticate and then wait to see how close I was to reality. So in that vein, I’m going to lay out my planned weekly training schedule on the road to Muskoka. With rule number 1 in mind, I don’t have a very high degree of confidence that I’ll stick to this schedule. That’s half the journey though: learning to be flexible. So for the next few weeks, here’s what I’m thinking:
- MO – Recovery ride
- TU – Easy run + Hard group ride
- WE – Endurance ride + Strength
- TH – Hill or interval run + Hill ride / coaching TTC or MEC ride group
- FR – Day off training
- SA – Long ride / leading TTC group + brick
- SU – Long run
Notice something missing? That’s right, there’s no swimming in this schedule. Chalk this up to the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do line of thinking. The key to a good IM race is the bike anyway. Lots of that for me!
This is of course is in addition to
- Daddy duties
- Coaching my awesome athletes
- Coaching one or two morning strength sessions at Blast
- Coaching two morning Run Camp classes for the good people at Crossfit TO
- One or two PT engagements
- Leading the TTC Saturday morning ride
- Coaching one evening run and likely one evening bike group
- Two weekly shifts at MEC
Looks like an exciting spring and summer ahead. So what do you think? Doable?
Remember: do as I say, not as I do.
Irondad in Training.