Happy new year to all our athletes and friends!
There are many doings a-transpiring in the X3 world. Here’s a quick rundown of what we’ve been up to and what’s to come.
X3 Training Lab – group cycling and strength training
- The Lab is functional, but not yet finished. Here’s what we’re working on now.
- A retail and towel service area that promises to look amazing
- Temporary change rooms in the basement are up, and we’re in the permit phase for showers and permanent facilities
- The leaderboard is coming soon too!
- We’re excited to welcome the Toronto Triathlon Club for monthly Big Brick workouts, with the first one happening on January 10th.
- We continue to add strength training offerings, including a two-part Intro to Kettlebell workshop. The workshop will focus on kettlebell technique for all those joining our classes or wanting to build strength and power on their own.
- You asked for more flexibility in purchasing cycling packages, and we deliver:
- 10-pack for $260+HST
- 5-pack for $140+HST
- 2016 is off to flying start with the X3 athlete roster three quarters filled!
- With coaching, you do get substantial discounts on cycling at the Lab
The X3 Blog will be more active in 2016 with a couple of new features
- A Triathlon 101 series featuring tips, advice, and reviews for the newer members of our sport. We will always ask the more experienced folk out there too weigh in with their opinions as well.
- An ask the coach series where I will take a question posed to me during a class or by one of our athletes and pontificate – sometimes at length – about in in written form.
- Regular posts by guest contributor X3 athlete and new dad AJ Goodman.