27 May Endurance Innovation 106 – Armando Mastracci of Xert
Fellow Torontonian, engineer and founder of Xert Armando Mastracci is on the show to cover his cycling / running analytics and training platform.
Thank you to 4iiii Innovations for supporting the podcast! If you’re after a reliable, accurate power meter, then use code 20214iiii-EI20% to receive 20% off any Factory Install power meter purchased through the 4iiii website.
- 3:15 The serendipitous birth of Xert
- 9:00 all about Xert’s 1st metric: maximum power available (MPA) and the constantly-updating power-duration curve
- 13:00 the three levers / parameters in Xert: MPA, high intensity energy (HIE) and threshold power (TP) and how to train them
- 18:15 the problem with TSS and why Xert’s strain score is better
- 22:30 who is Xert for?
- 26:45 Xert for multisport
- 35:00 feeding the model: what does Xert need to provide an accurate fitness signature
- 43:30 Xert during training: using Connect data fields
- 46:00 new and upcoming features
Learn more about Xert and try it for yourself at their site.