31 Oct Endurance Innovation 25 – Mikael Eriksson on Frequency vs Duration
Posted at 12:41h in Podcast 0 Comments
- 5:00 intensity, duration, and frequency
- 6:30 the decision tree
- 9:00 the role of frequency and duration in skill acquisition, running economy, and injury risk
- 14:15 Anders Eriksson’s ‘deliberate practice’ and the utility of being fresh when learning a new skill
- 16:00 the value of training fatigued
- 18:30 the global view of training load and other training variables
- 21:30 are you a diesel engine? Vroom vroom!
- 25:30 advice for non-‘diesels’
- 29:30 advice for those training for long races (> 10k)
- 31:45 the value of the long run
- 40:00 the summary
- 41:30 considerations for multisport athletes
Find Mikael at Scientific Triathlon and listen to That Triathlon Show.