05 Dec Endurance Innovation 30 – Cody Beals
Cody Beals – our friend and the person who introduced Andrew and me in 2016 – is on the show to talk about his approach to training, his weight, and his relationship with sponsors and fans.
- 0:45 the Cody – Andrew – Michael origin story
- 7:00 Cody wrecks a treadmill
- 8:45 Cody on treadmill running
- 10:30 on testing and the utility of the results
- 13:45 the value of qualitative metrics
- 14:45 Cody’s 4 questions to himself each morning:
- How’s my mood?
- Am I sticking to my plan?
- How was my sleep?
- How does my face look?
- 18:00 on periodizing bodyweight and composition
- 24:15 the impact of weight on the three disciplines of triathlon
- 28:30 how Cody selects his sponsors and partners
- 34:45 Cody’s first Kona experience
- 40:30 how Cody picks his race gear
- 42:45 Cody’s 2020 season
- 47:00 the Facebook Syndrome
- 52:30 Cody’s pick for most exciting area for development in the coming years