16 Jan Endurance Innovation 35 – Gustavo Cadena & Omius
Posted at 12:51h in Podcast 0 Comments
You saw it cooling the heads of some of the top finishers at last year’s IM World Championships in Kona. Now, the creator of the Omius headband is on EI to talk about his innovative, thermal management solution.
- 8:30 the cooling Omius headband
- 10:15 making the headband even more efficient by dousing with water
- 18:45 Andrew’s experience with the band
- 20:00 why aluminum for this application?
- 21:00 design considerations for the headband
- 27:15 testing and case studies of the Omius headband
- 31:00 Omius at Kona
- 34:45 the forearm option – driven by marketing!
- 38:00 listener question: hat v visor
Andrew’s testing FLIR images of the visor below: a delta of 6.5C!
To get your hands on your very own Omius Headband, check out their website and use code EI15 to get $15 off your order!
You can also follow Omius on their Facebook and Instagram pages.
And for a little more context, have a listen to our EI episode 5 on training and racing in the heat and EI episode 24 where we first mention the product in recapping the events at Kona.