09 Jul Endurance Innovation 60 – Toronto Triathlon Festival Founder Jeff Chong
Andrew and Michael welcome Toronto Triathlon Festival founder Jeff Chong to talk about race logistics and keeping the flame burning in the time of COVID.
If you’re a fan of the show, please support us!
- 3:30 the existential challenges of the race industry during and after the pandemic
- 5:30 the role of races in the broader triathlon / endurance ecosystem
- 10:00 Jeff’s evolving role as TTF manager
- 12:45 planning for an uncertain future
- 14:00 the importance of ‘getting it right’ when races return
- 19:30 virtual racing as a funnel for in-person racing
- 25:45 keeping the fire lit for the sport
- Go out with your friends for a socially distanced ride or run
- Re-engage with your local club or shop
- Be open-minded to the steps being taken by stakeholders to keep you engaged
- Show some love to the race directors, club organizers, shops, and coaches
- Rediscover your why
- 32:00 some barriers to entry into triathlon and how the pandemic may be an opportunity to make meaningful changes
- 32:30 the lack of diversity in triathlon
- 35:30 an alternate, low-barrier format
- 39:30 triathlon racing during and post COVID
- 44:00 trying to level the playing field
- 48:30 virtual Toronto Triathlon Festival
Please consider supporting your local race! Learn all about the Toronto Triathlon Festival and see the details of their virtual race week (July 10 – 19), visit the TTF website.