09 Jul Endurance Innovation 60 – Toronto Triathlon Festival Founder Jeff Chong
Posted at 10:25h in Podcast 0 Comments
Andrew and Michael welcome Toronto Triathlon Festival founder Jeff Chong to talk about race logistics and keeping the flame burning in the time of COVID.
If you’re a fan of the show, please support us!
- 3:30 the existential challenges of the race industry during and after the pandemic
- 5:30 the role of races in the broader triathlon / endurance ecosystem
- 10:00 Jeff’s evolving role as TTF manager
- 12:45 planning for an uncertain future
- 14:00 the importance of ‘getting it right’ when races return
- 19:30 virtual racing as a funnel for in-person racing
- 25:45 keeping the fire lit for the sport
- Go out with your friends for a socially distanced ride or run
- Re-engage with your local club or shop
- Be open-minded to the steps being taken by stakeholders to keep you engaged
- Show some love to the race directors, club organizers, shops, and coaches
- Rediscover your why
- 32:00 some barriers to entry into triathlon and how the pandemic may be an opportunity to make meaningful changes
- 32:30 the lack of diversity in triathlon
- 35:30 an alternate, low-barrier format
- 39:30 triathlon racing during and post COVID
- 44:00 trying to level the playing field
- 48:30 virtual Toronto Triathlon Festival
Please consider supporting your local race! Learn all about the Toronto Triathlon Festival and see the details of their virtual race week (July 10 – 19), visit the TTF website.