09 Oct Endurance Innovation 73 – Art Hare and Tour de Giro
Andrew’s friend and STAC co-founder Art Hare joins us this week to tell the tale of the rise and fall of Zwift precursor Tour de Giro.
Endurance Innovation is now on Patreon! Have a peek at our page and show us some love.
- 2:30 meet Art Hare
- 3:30 the genesis of the pre-Zwift, online cycling multiplayer training and racing platform Tour de Giro
- 9:15 graphics are hard
- 12:00 the early years of cycling multiplayer
- 19:30 an intro to game engines
- 21:00 TdG grows
- 25:30 a partnership with Computrainer
- 36:00 the fun of TdG races
- 39:45 TdG handicap mode
- 43:30 workout mode
- 52:30 hills happen on dumb trainers too
- 53:30 TdG AI racers: Dopey, Hill Man, Surgey, Savey, Helpy.
- 59:00 burnout
- 1:03:30 the new, huge elephant in the room
- 1:10:30 be kind to tech support!
- 1:16:00 the value of failure
You can still play Tour de Giro. Give it try!