05 Nov Endurance Innovation 77 – Core Body Temp
Posted at 11:30h in Gear + Gadgets, Podcast 0 Comments
Chris Blomfield-Brown of Greenteg AG joins Andrew and Michael to present the Core Body Temp: a wearable body temperature sensor that just may change the way you train and race.
Endurance Innovation is now on Patreon! Have a peek at our page and show us some love.
- 3:00 how the Core Body Sensor works and heat flux vs temperature
- 7:00 the value of knowing your core temperature (for an athlete)
- Optimize heat training
- Pace hot races better and preemptively put on the brakes when needed
- 23:00 why you can get so hot while swimming
- 24:30 the Core Body Temp sensor
- 28:45 how fevers work
- 30:00 validating the Core sensor
- 39:30 using the Core sensor for COVID-19 screening, and possible early detection for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, and for general burnout / chronic fatigue
- 43:15 the utility of 24-hour measurement for athletics
- Has the potential to detect fatigue, overtraining, onset of illness
Read more about the Core Body Temp sensor and get your very own on their website.