13 Nov Endurance Innovation 78 – Pro Stergiou of Sport Product Testing
Pro Stergiou of Sport Product Testing and the Canadian Sport Institute delves into the process of third party verification and design help for your some of your favourite wearables, footwear, and apparel.
Endurance Innovation is now on Patreon! Have a peek at our page and show us some love.
- 1:30 a bit about Pro and the Sport Product Testing group of the Canadian Sport Institute and the ‘Fit, Feel, Function’ process
- 6:15 why is wrist-based optical HR so useless when cycling
- 8:00 optical HR carries a lag time to true HR of up to 120 seconds
- 9:30 optical HR motion artifact errors
- 14:00 the challenges of porting medical devices into the consumer sport field
- 15:30 the birth of the running footpod
- 21:00 the product ‘feel’: auditory, visual, olfactory
- 24:15 on ‘slappy’ shoes
- 26:30 the value of a ‘lack’ of feeling
- 28:15 obtaining high quality subjective feedback from testers
- 34:30 the future of sport products / services: data collection and usage
- 38:00 the continuing story of useless and even harmful data