07 Jan Endurance Innovation 86 – Steve Fleck
Race emcee and co-founder of the new Canadian Endurance Sports Alliance Steve Fleck joins Andrew and Michael to talk about endurance events in 2020 and the way forward.
Endurance Innovation is now on Patreon! Have a peek at our page and show us some love.
- 1:30 one side of race announcing
- 5:45 the early days of Kona
- 7:00 the drive for exploration
- 10:00 Lionel’s hour bid
- 16:30 racing without crowds
- 20:00 a race emcee’s life in the year COVID
- 23:15 the Canadian Endurance Sports Alliance
- 27:00 the endurance events stats in Canada
- >2M annual participants
- $1B economic impact
- $1B charitable donations
- 29:00 Steve’s projection for racing in 2021
- 32:30 ‘return to play’ guidelines
- 35:00 the silver lining of potential increased participation
- 42:00 do you need to race to participate?
Check out the good work of the Canadian Endurance Sports Alliance.
Have a look at Phil Gaimon’s appeal to cyclists.
Pingback:Endurance Innovation 86 - Steve Fleck - x3training - DLITPosted at 03:45h, 15 January
[…] Posted at 11:16h in Podcast by Michael Liberzon 0 Comments […]