04 Mar Endurance Innovation 94 – Aero Talk with Martin Toft Madsen and Magnus Ditlev
Posted at 10:09h in Is It Aero, Podcast 0 Comments
Four engineers walk into a (virtual) recording studio … Danish Hour Record holder Martin Toft Madsen and pro triathlete Magnus Ditlev join Andrew and Michael for a discussion on aero testing and going fast!
Endurance Innovation is now on Patreon! Have a peek at our page and show us some love.
- 2:15 meet Martin Toft Madsen
- 6:00 how a UCI rule change in 2015 made the hour record exciting again
- 9:45 meet Magnus Ditlev
- 16:00 Martin’s role in making Magnus more slippery on the bike
- 17:45 the evolution of cycling aerodynamic analysis
- 21:45 the latest step in testing: track and outdoor
- 22:15 the process for Martin’s work with Magnus
- Test positions
- Test helmets
- Test suits
- 26:15 outdoor (field) testing methods
- 30:45 the challenge of picking the ‘best’ helmet
- 34:30 do you make race-day aero decisions?
- 38:15 adapting this testing approach to age-group triathletes
- 41:15 the interference effect between positions, helmets, and suits
- 43:15 lower isn’t necessarily faster
- 45:30 our guests weigh in on the #nohumanislimited sub 7 / 8 attempt
Follow Martin on his Instagram page. Look out for updates from Magnus on his Instagram page and watch him take on another stacked field at Challenge Miami.