25 Mar Endurance Innovation 97 – Bruce Rogers with Updates to DFA a1 Analysis and Garmin Metrics
HRV DFA a1 superstar Bruce Rogers is back with a couple of important updates, answers to listener questions, and a critical look at Garmin’s performance metrics.
Endurance Innovation is now on Patreon! Have a peek at our page and show us some love.
- 1:00 Have a listen to our first chat with Bruce Rogers
- 3:00 ANT+ vs Bluetooth connection options in performing DFA a1 analysis
- 10:15 which brands / models of HR straps can be used for the a1 HRV analysis
- 14:30 what happens to a1 over long exercise bouts and how does it correlate to HR drift?
- 22:30 are my results in using DFA a1 to assess AeT in running that produce a surprising slow result valid?
- 32:00 the accuracy and utility of metrics and training advice provided by modern wearables
- 33:00 how accurate is Garmin’s estimate of VO2max?
- 40:00 how accurate is their measurement of respiratory rate?
- 40:30 ‘Performance Condition’
- 44:45 is it accurate and reliable? Is it useful?
- 46:45 Andrew comes to Garmin’s rescue
- 56:00 the future of HRV-derived measurements and metrics
Want to pause your Garmin’s reporting of your ‘training status’? I think you should. Here’s the link. And for another conversation on the utility of the plethora of training metrics, have a listen to our last conversation with Mikael Eriksson.